TEMPUS MathGeAr project: Modernization of Mathematics Curricula for Engineering and Natural Sciences in South Caucasian Universities by Introducing Modern Educational Technologies
The overall objective of the MathGeAr project is to improve the quality of Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) education at Georgian and Armenian universities by modernizing and improving the curricula in the field of Mathematics.
Specific objectives of the project:
- To implement a comparative analysis of the national math curricula for engineering and science studies in order to define the recommendations for structural improvements in line with the Bologna principles. To identify the areas most suitable for the introduction of Technology Enhanced Learning (TEL) tools.
- To modernize math and statistics curricula for a selected set of engineering and sciences studies. To select the necessary math & statistics eLearning content to be used for modernization.
- To localize the European TEL tools for partner universities, including TEL content localization. To build a capacity in local universities to effectively implement, maintain and develop TEL for math education.
- To implement a pilot trial in order to practically introduce the modernized curricula into the academic process. To evaluate the impact of the new curricula on quality of studies in math and statistics, as well as on quality of engineering and sciences education in general.
- To spread the results of the project.